His & Hers: Holiday Gift Guide
At what point do you consider Christmas shopping “last minute”? Since we always travel home to Dubai for the holidays, we usually have to get all our holiday shopping done a few weeks earlier than most. With only 12 days left in the game before we head off, it is officially crunch time and we’re heading straight to Scarborough Town Centre. Today, we’re talking gifts for your significant other.
If you ask us, these are the hardest to buy. You spend what seems like all your time with them and when it comes time to buy them a present… it’s crickets! “What does he even like…?”, I wonder seven years into our relationship.
All jokes aside, the first time we visited STC was actually only last week to visit their Holiday MRKT, and we were so pleasantly surprised by the choice of retailers and size of some of the stores in there. It was a welcome break from having to wade through chaotic crowds while shopping downtown.
Featuring a mix of high street retailers, luxury boutiques, and local pop ups, this gift guide covers all your gifting needs when shopping for your S/O (and all under one roof - STC!)
- Aritzia - When I think quality knits, I think Aritzia. It’s automatic. Look, we have about five months of winter to go and a girl can never have too many great sweaters. Save yourself the grief and look no further than this flattering but warm cropped knit.
- Sephora - No brainer. Makeup junkie or not, everyone deserves a little pampering and Fenty Beauty has something for everyone. Do yourself a favour and pick up Fenty’s Stunna Lip Paint - a universally flattering red - and let Riri do her magic.
- Zara - You gotta have a dress to match the red lip and that dress is this velvet midi number. Head to Zara to pick up a dress fit for New Year’s Eve and save her the whirlwind trip to the mall on December 31st, when everyone and their mother is also looking for an outfit.
- Godiva - There’s nothing better than hot cocoa on a cold day. Scratch that. There’s nothing better than dark hot cocoa from Godiva on a cold day. Skip the trip to the corner cafe and whip up some homemade hot chocolates to warm you both up.
- Indigo Spirit - Whether it’s Manic Monday or Wine Wednesday, sometimes all a girl needs is a little magic juice to get through the week and this Coffee Mug & Wine Glass set needs no further explanation. Coffee? Merlot? Both? Yes, please!
- Michael Kors - Okay, so you got the red lipstick and you got the black velvet dress… how do you complete that? With a bag, duh! This mini purse from Michael Kors is the perfect size to fit exactly what she needs on a night out. And it’s so cute! Who can say no to a mini purse?
- Sonic Bloom Succulents - Succulents are the perfect little critters to liven up a space and add some character to any interior. Plus, they’re so low maintenance! Head to the Holiday MRKT to pick up a couple of quirky buggers at Sonic Bloom Succulents. Judyth makes and hand paints all the pots that her succulents go into, and even pots a few into her kids’ old dinosaur toys. It’s epic and you need to go see her!
- Hudson’s Bay - OK, listen up fellas… if you’re going big, Dyson is the way to go. Alistair got me the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer for Valentine’s Day and it has changed my life AND his because I can now be ready and out the door in under 30 minutes, freshly washed hair and all. A gift for her and you, courtesy of Hudson’s Bay.
- Adidas - New year, new her. Show your support for her new year’s resolution with a fresh pair of running shoes from Adidas that will take her through her badass fitness goals in 2018.
- H&M - A faux leather weekend bag is the perfect companion for carrying in-flight and on last minute road trips. Plus, it's a big step up from that free bag he got when he signed up for a gym membership.
- Footaction - While I’m no expert, it doesn’t take a genius to know that Toronto is big on sneaker culture. Head to Footaction for the latest releases and staff that love their shoes as much as you do. I personally love these Adidas NMD R1s in Triple White. What can I say? I like my white kicks.
- Godiva - As much as grab-and-go coffee is convenient, there’s nothing like making my own coffee on a Sunday morning. This hot cocoa, coffee, and cup set is great for an at-home treat on lazy weekends.
- Cambio Market - I don’t cook or do handiwork nearly as often as I should, but I probably would if I had this artisanal apron from Cambio Market. (Hint, hint!) Find them at the Holiday MRKT along with tons of other local brands.
- Indigo Spirit - Whiskey and ice and everything nice. Elevate his favourite five o’clock concoction without watering it down thanks to these whiskey stones from Indigo Spirit.
- Topman - Baby, it’s cold outside. Shearling coats are an evergreen item in a man’s closet and this camel-coloured jacket is perfect for these long Canadian winters.
- Sephora - There’s nothing like being stocked on your signature scent. I’ve been loving Giorgio Armani’s ‘Stronger With You’ for the past few months. It has some deep notes without being too overpowering, which is perfect for a day to night scent.
- Hudson’s Bay - Upgrade his workwear with a sophisticated briefcase from Hudson’s Bay. It’s something he likely won’t buy himself until his current one is hanging by a thread, so this is a gift he can use and appreciate daily.
- DJI - New toy for a new year. Give him a little push to take his photography to the next level with the compact but powerful Spark drone from DJI.
The Holiday MRKT at Scarborough Town Centre is open until December 24th, and it is filled with local artisans (31 to be precise) that you need to discover. Sometimes the best gifts are actually many little gifts, and the Holiday MRKT is the perfect place to find unique and thoughtful presents for your #bae.
Remember, if you stop by the MRKT or Planet Santa and snap a photo tag @shopSTC and #MeetTheMagicSTC for a chance to win a $500 STC gift card! More gifts for everyone!
Happy Holidays everyone! xo
*While this post was sponsored by Scarborough Town Centre, all opinions stated herein are our own.